|Parish | Peculiar | Pedantry | Personal | Photos | Plateways | Positronics | Professional | Programme | Programming | Places|
|Central Shunting Yard|
|Main||Australia||Miscellaneous||Rest of World|
|Victorian Railways Shunting Yard|
Number of Images on this Page = 44
The J class were a development of the earlier K class , and 60 of these locos were built by Vulcan and entered service during 1954. An unusual feature was that they built for easy conversion from 5'3" broad gauge to 4'8.5" standard gauge, simply by reversing the wheel centres. The last loco in the class, J559, had the dubious distinction of being the last steam locomotive to enter VR service.
Preserved by the Seymour Locomotive Preservation Society.
Preserved by the Castlemaine and Maldon Railway Preservation Society.
|This page maintained by
Copyright Monash University Acceptable Use Policy
8 accesses since 24 Aug 2016, HTML cache rendered at 20160826:1152